Getaway to Granbury
Have you heard of the little lake town called Granbury? It’s a small, community-centered town located in the DFW area in Texas, and we at Briscoe are lucky enough to call it home! This gorgeous town has everything from entertainment, shopping, restaurants, nature trails, wineries, breweries, to of course, the lake! Here are our top 5 things to do in Granbury.
- See an old-school drive in movie at the Brazos Drive-In Theatre. Drive-ins are becoming scarce these days, but you can find an awesome one right here in Granbury! At only $20 a carload (cram as many friends in as you can!) for two movies, it’s a great deal. They offer concession foods and are proud to pop the popcorn in their original 1952 popper! Find them on Facebook @BrazosDriveIn for a movie schedule and check the weather, because you will definitely want to spend an evening here.
- Shop ‘til you drop around the historic Granbury square! Many of the historical buildings around the square have been remodeled for modern use. You’ll love the shops; there’s definitely something for everyone, whether you want clothes, sweets, or anything in between! Check out a Broadway-style musical at the Granbury Opera House, or take an art class at Against the Grain. There are plenty of choices for a lunch break, then indulge in some dessert at one of the bakeries around. You can easily spend an afternoon enjoying all the historical square has to offer.
- Eat to your heart’s content! There are so many wonderful restaurants in town that we could never choose just one favorite. Some of the most popular are 1890 Steakhouse, Mesquite Pit, Ketzler’s Schnitzel Haus, or Christina’s Bistro. But don’t take our word for it. Try each one out for yourself! Fun tip: choose several restaurants and get an appetizer from one, entree from the next, and dessert from the last from so you can try as many as you want! Who says you have to have the whole meal in one place?
- Enjoy some drinks! Granbury is home to a few wineries, a couple of brewery, and plenty of restaurants with awesome bars. Take a self-guided wine tasting tour and visit Barking Rocks Vineyard and Winery, D’Vine Wine, Poppin’ Bottles, and Pemberton Cellars. Have some beers at The Local Goat or Revolver Brewing, or grab your friends and check out the live music and drink selection at Bob’s off the Square!
- Check out the lake. Have some fun in the sun by claiming a spot on the Lake Granbury public beach! You can bring a picnic and swim all day long. Be sure to leave your pets back at the hotel; they’re unfortunately not allowed at the beach. Build an epic sandcastle, take a walk along the boardwalk, or if you’re here in the summertime, try out the kayak rentals.
Granbury offers so much that it’s nearly impossible to fit in all the fun things you can do in one weekend. That means you’ll have to come back and visit again! Check out www.visitgranbury.com for upcoming events and festivals you may want to see. If you love the community so much that you’d like your own lakehouse in a piece of paradise here, don’t forget to stop by and see us at Briscoe Real Estate!
Written by Jordan Cummings